For WaveCom, the year 2020 can be considered primarily meaningful and action-packed. In particular, we collectively focused on improving the quality of cloud services, and this also showed positive results. The challenge of the COVID-19 crisis at the beginning of the year was successfully overcome. Our team was thoroughly renewed, with the addition of highly qualified and certified specialists. In the second half of the year, the volume of cloud service contracts in the Estonian market increased almost fivefold. We also significantly developed service automation in self-service. In our innovative data center, we introduced even more AI applications and functionality that monitors our security and availability.
Major milestones in 2020:
- VMware Cloud Verified Partner Status
- VMware Advanced Partner Status
- Renewal of ISO 27001 information security certificate
- Growth of cloud service contracts by almost 500%
Updates to the VMware vCloud platform that has become our core service:
- VMware vSphere 7.0
- Cloud Directory latest version 10.2 with enhanced functionality
- Cloud Director Availability latest version 4.1 with enhanced functionality
- VMware Native Kubernetes clusters
- Veeam long-term backup
- App Launchpad 2.0 (creates fast deployment of VMware Cloud Marketplace apps for customers)
Renewed modern storage with about 1Million IOPS capacity.
Let's also look at 2021, where we plan to upgrade our cloud services in the first quarter:
- New generation VMware NSX-T 3.0 network services
- Tanzu Kubernetes high availability clusters as a service with network automation based on NSX-T through App Launchpad fast Kubernetes applications provisioning
We plan even more important innovations in self-service and service management at the beginning of the year. In addition to the existing ISO27001 standard, the introduction and certification of the ISO 27017 cloud service provider's information security and availability standard will be an important achievement.